LAUNCH A MEDIA PLAYER TO LISTEN TO RADIO FREE NACHLAOT

Winamp windows Media Player Real Player QuickTime Web Proxy

Saturday, September 10, 2011

Welcome to Maya's World of Music!

Singin' in the classes, Music for your masses. Give no head, No backstage passes. Have a proper giggle, I'll be quite polite, But when I rock the mic I rock the mic...I don't wanna rock, DJ But you're making me feel so nice. When's it gonna stop, DJ? Cos you're keeping me up all night./ R.W.

I was at a wedding this week. A couple in love, two beautiful people. The bride had a gorgeous dress that didn't look like a cream puff (for a change)!!! A beautiful garden hall. And don't even start me on the food: yammi yammi yammi. The music at the reception till the Hupa was the best: Rock, Funk, 80's-the works. Knowing the couple, my friends and i had a lot of expectations for the music, when the dancing would start. And then the disappointment began: during the meal, the D.J. took his place and started to play some tunes that were horrible, but we thought that it's just for the begining, for the parents and their freinds, and for the rest of the dancing night there will be only good muisc. Boy, were we WRONG.....it just got worse and worse to the piont that the bride was not happy, and her sister (my best friend) went to talk to the D.J., as did the groom himself. Guess what-it didn't work and the D.J. did his own thing, that made the rest of us very unhappy. We were contemplating very seriously to kick his ass and for me to take his place. (After all, it was Wednesday night). What happened was that the D.J.'S megalomaniac ego got the best of him and he forgot why he was there in the first place...

The holly roll of a D.J. is to make people happy with music. It's a sacred mission and not to be taken lightly. These days when everybody are very busy fighting and killing each other, music is the only thing that is left to remind us that we are all humens and we have at least one thing in common.

My dear music lovers and rock stars: What's on for this week: Tuesday-the 13th, 11-13pm(centrel Jerusalem time) great music for the day. Wednesday the 14th, 21-23pm, we'll take a nusical journey and this time: soundtracks!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment